Are 'Private Annuity' Plans Superior to CPF? – A Gift for FI-35 and a Lesson for Others
Assumptions Used in Calculations:
Sibor: 1-mth Sibor for Loans
Flat Fee Assumption: 0.8%
Projected Monthly Returns Based on: 3.25% and 4.75% (Private Annuity), Age 55 begins, payouts begin Age 60
Projected Monthly Returns Based on: 3.75% and 4.25% (CPF, as stated on CPF Website, standard plan)
Borrowed Amount: 72% of the first year value --- where $350,000 = 28%, so 72% = $900,000 in borrowing value.
INDIRECT LOSSES! How They Kill Your Dreams (And How Investing Will Save You)
1) Career Opportunity Costs are calculated on an assumption of 5% per annum
For 1b), if you have to end work at the same age (55), Lawyer A would be unable to receive the increments he would otherwise have had if he had continued working.
As one of the Top Financial Bloggers in Singapore (Feedspot, Withcontent.co), I would be happy to answer any emails and questions you may have, as I have been doing for my readers over the past few years - especially about Insurance and Investing, as it is my forte of personal and professional knowledge.
If you have any such questions about the articles and how it may apply to your finances, you can feel free to leave a comment, or drop a message through any preferred medium (if you prefer privacy).
Do like and share my page, https://www.facebook.com/themoneymaverickofficial, if you enjoyed the article.
You can also share the articles with your loved ones in the links below.
Money Maverick is a Licensed Financial Consultant with MAS, who specializes in Investments and Critical Illness Insurance.
The views on his blog are strictly of his own opinion and have no affiliation to any of the companies he works with.
Here are some of my resources on:
3) Retirement and Leverage: Leveraging a Private Annuity, Pros and Cons (ft. Jamus Lim)
4) Spending and Saving: The Biggest Spending Mistakes You DIDNT Even Know you were Making (and how to avoid them)
5) Job Assessment: A Case Study on How a $6k/mth Girl makes MUCH more money than a $10k/mth Guy
6) Financial Optimisation: How I Avoid the Largest 'Fees' of All
Investments are also available using CPF (Ordinary Account), SRS (Supplementary Retirement Scheme) and Cash.
1) Influence of the time interval from diagnosis to treatment on survival for early-stage liver cancer*
2) SEER: Stomach Cancer Survival Rates**
3) Risk Management and Insurance, Mark S Dorfman [6th Edition, 1998]